What BC Do You Use For Public Safety Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate:
We would be diving in a river, so I can see the point about snags with a slung bottle. As I look at the Tiger Mount, I can't help but wonder, if doubles with an isolation valve and independent regs might be an option. This ofcourse affects the selection of BC, which is why I mention it here. Surface supplied air will not me an option, at least for a while.

Gary, would the pony be used as a pass off air source to a trapped victim in rescues or are they always unconcious by the time you get there?
If your refering to people trapped in motor vehicles don't worry about it. They hold a lot of air in the movies and TV but reality is quite different.

If for example you did happen to have a concious person trapped and you did get them out, chances are neither of you would make it to the surface concious or alive.

Gary D.

Greg D.:
Hey Gary,

Speaking of BC's we are currently trying to get some fundong for new bc's for the unit. do you have a dealer that sells Zeagle? Thats what I want but the team leader got sold on a scuba pro model in cozumel and I would like to humor him and test a few different rigs out in the water, before I cast my vote on what we need. Hopefully I will be able to get 2 or three of our divers there with me!
Our shop does.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
If your refering to people trapped in motor vehicles don't worry about it. They hold a lot of air in the movies and TV but reality is quite different.

If for example you did happen to have a concious person trapped and you did get them out, chances are neither of you would make it to the surface concious or alive.

Gary D.
Yes, in movies the laws of physics and reality often exceed the breaking point. So in your experience, would you say PSD is almost exclusively body recovery?

If so, the pony would strictly be an alternative airsource for the diver and not an aide in rescuing a victim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom