What Computer ?SPG setup and System ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi. i am completing purchasing my gear and now i am in my computer/gauge SPG part.... i am a recreational diver , diving mostly in Florida and Caribbean areas probably not more than 50 dives a year .... i know there are the conservative algorithm systems as in the Cressi and Suunto (RGBM) and the more liberal algorithm systems .. i want to spend around $400 and would love your recommendation as well as the big question for me: what set up?
computer on hand and mechanical SPG connected to the BCD
or one console with computer?
Thank you

Keep it simple.

This means different things to different people.

I do prefer an analog SPG and a wrist mounted dive computer, but whatever makes you comfortable...

I do believe however, that having the gauges well separated makes them easier to understand. The one on my belt shows how much air I have left and the one on my arm shows me depth/maxdepth/divetime/time-to-surface. I absolutely need to monitor them both, though. It is thus possible, that some people might find a console easier... but it's big and clumsy...

Conservatism... You can always spend some extra time on the safety stop. 5 minutes instead of 3, perhaps. And you can always take your time (minutes) to resurface from 18 feet. You can often relax on the surface after a deeper dive. And you can always drink enough water onboard and sleep well. And you could take the fift day off. No steam baths or weight lifting or crossing of mountain ranges after a deep dive. Conservatism is so much more than a number on a computer screen. This is especially true on recreational dives.

Keep it simple.

This means different things to different people.

I do prefer an analog SPG and a wrist mounted dive computer, but whatever makes you comfortable...

I do believe however, that having the gauges well separated makes them easier to understand. The one on my belt shows how much air I have left and the one on my arm shows me depth/maxdepth/divetime/time-to-surface. I absolutely need to monitor them both, though. It is thus possible, that some people might find a console easier... but it's big and clumsy...

Conservatism... You can always spend some extra time on the safety stop. 5 minutes instead of 3, perhaps. And you can always take your time (minutes) to resurface from 18 feet. You can often relax on the surface after a deeper dive. And you can always drink enough water onboard and sleep well. And you could take the fift day off. No steam baths or weight lifting or crossing of mountain ranges after a deep dive. Conservatism is so much more than a number on a computer screen. This is especially true on recreational dives.
Thank you so much friend. truly appreciate your post and advice. yes. i did just what you mention. i have separate SPG and i have the Atmos mission one on my wrist. very connivance. i did dive last weekend and it was great. i definitely agree with the conservatism. i am recreational diver and love to dive , but i love my life and my grandkids more... Thank you again

Get yourself another basic computer as a back up in diving. There is absolutely no need to spend well over $200.00 for one.
Save the money for your grandkids in whatever form you/they preferred. :)

Get yourself another basic computer as a back up in diving. There is absolutely no need to spend well over $200.00 for one.
thank you so much. well received advice

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Take the money to the bank so that some ball street wanker can bonus himself a brand new maserati for christmas.

Read this quick before they censor it away.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Take the money to the bank so that some ball street wanker can bonus himself a brand new maserati for christmas.

Read this quick before they censor it away.
:):):)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom