What diaphragm can be used on 109/156 will G250 one work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have one 109 which diaphragm does not look pretty, can I use the one for G250 ? They seem to be close in dimensions but I have not tried to fit one in.

Thanks again.

Le bright blue ones look best, but they're hard to find: I think they're from the 80's - I heard SP changes the color of the diaphragm every 10 years: a collector over here uses this to date his finds (he has the gold MK10/G250).

Edit: just went thru my stash: yes I have one NIB, no, it's not for sale. :)

I recall in the mid-late 1980s when the light blue color used got a bit brighter, but it was a change to newer/better material.

I also recall in the late 1980's early 90s when you could get diaphragms on G250s that were blue or red based on blue or red trim option.

I recall both orange and red diaphragms for octos in the 80s and 90s.

The G250C had a clear diaphragm.

Black diaphragms have been common since the 1990s and clear diaphragms are common now.

I short, there is more to it than "an every ten years" change.

I think that Zung answered but has it been seconded?

N

I think that Zung answered but has it been seconded?

N

I second it. BTW keep an eye on the mail.

I second it. BTW keep an eye on the mail.

I have something for you possibly also but you may curse me if I give it to you.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom