What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A dive bag with shoulder straps and no wheels. My wife and I walked around Cozumel carrying all of our gear on our backs and she never let me live that one down. We both wished we would have bought the mesh dive bag with wheels.

I regret my Uwatec Luna,

I bought it more than a year ago, it was supposed to get a trimix update in spring 2010, we're in spring 2011 and still nothing, i feel a bit abused, i sold it and bought and OSTC MK2, cheaper than the Uwatec, does almosts anything i want, trimix ,its got an oled colr display…

I deeply regret my Apollo Bio-Fins...looking for a replacement.
Also regret a jacket style BC. After much reading here, switched to BP/W and am much happier.

Oh so many..

1st. A Snorkel.

2nd dive computer. "Don't need Nitrox computer. I'll never be doing that tech diving stuff.." I'm on 3rd computer now. (Galileo Sol)

Force fin pros. Buddy swore by them..

Cheap knives w/ poor sheath locking systems. I have a basket of sheaths.

LP tanks w/ Yoke valves.. I want to swap all mine to HP DIN valves so can don't have to use Yoke to DIN adapter when switch between tanks. Also, regret not getting the same size (or circumference). Pain adjusting straps to different tank sizes!

HP 120 tank. More like a 105 or so - that's if I get a lucky fill. LP120s are heavy and floaty, but love that air!

Force fins, They feel good packing, they feel good putting on, they push me around ok. They float while snorkeling. while deep I really prefer my jet fins. I want to love my force fins but I can never leave the jets alone.......

Cold Water z-knife, I wanted someting I could use with dry gloves, but it turns out it is plenty big to accidentally cut a hose. So it was of no use to me.

Can't believe I never put my two cents in this thread, after all my times reading it.

Really regret: Getting an AI computer AND a tri-console. Nobody needs the extra depth gauge on the console and I ended up breaking it apart and moving the compass to my wrist. A tri-console was a huge dangly that was totally redundant, and expensive.

Regret: Titanium leg mounted dive knife that I never used and was stolen in short order. The $1 per piece batch of EMT shears I got on eBay is far more useful for everything I use a cutting tool for. Have since added a line cutter to my belt.

Kinda regret: Vest BC. Though I've since moved on to a BP/W, I still got a good 150 dives on my old Glide Plus and will likely continue to use it as a spare and demonstration rig.

Split fins - It's really ridiculous that they don't tell you outright in OW class that there are a number of very useful kicks that can only be done effectively in paddle fins. Though I do some very long swims on shore dives, so my Vortex V12s weren't a bad choice to keep ankle and leg strain low.

Air2 - Nice to have one less hose, but after seeing five OOG/LOG situations requiring the donation of a reg in the past year, I've decided that having a rig that allows reasonable air sharing would be a very good idea. And it would make inflation of my DSMB at depth easier by cutting out the step where I have to switch from my primary to my Air2 in order to use my primary for inflation.

Back
Top Bottom