What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soft weights and a rattler for signalling. soft weights:so far the solid weights work just fine in my configurations and they're cheaper. rattler: diving the cold stuff, nobody can hear the thing because of the thick hoods.

Lets see.... well, not tooooo much... My H2odysey EAS 6cf redundant system... but not so bad because it will be my drysuit inflation system...

Drysuit with soft sock booties... had to buy rock boots... fins didn't fit into rock books, had to buy new fins. However, I now love my jetfins.

I certainly don't regret buying a snorkel. I wouldn't be able to go snorkeling without it!!

I certainly don't regret buying a snorkel. I wouldn't be able to go snorkeling without it!!

FINALLY!!!!! A suitable use for a snorkel :D. Now they just need to find uses for split fins and stainless snaps from Home Depot :rofl3: :joke:.

I actually regret buying a "brass" clip lanyard to hold my camera.....I bet it was worse than any home depot stainless clip.

Yes i bought one of those plunger type reels . it tangled putting up an SMB And took me into big trouble . well that was a long long time ago. I still use the same equipment as i did 13 years ago,
Not so much has changed . from then when we changed over from the old LBJ . Regs are better and fist stages more reliable. My buddy commando just keeps on going. after 1500 dive and more . the only change in my diving life is fins , wet suit and computer. . Some divers hate the basics and that includes instructors. At the end of the day. dive with what make life under water stressless, Ease of use. And you can deal with incase of an emergency.

My snorkel as I do not use it and it was expensive. (some kind of Tusa one)

My fins, they are buoyant and make my feet float. (Tusa Tri Ex)

Beuchat 5mm gloves as you can barely move your hands in them and they take ages to get on.

The rest I like.

Well I have more to add to my list (my previous post in this thread was Oct 27th last year :wink:) as my last statement in that quote is now untrue :wink:

I replaced my Tusa Tri Ex fins with Jet Fins and am very happy. I tried out a few fins and these were my favourite.

I replaced my gloves with Northern Diver stretchy 5mm ones and much prefer those as it is easy to do stuff with my hands. I also have 2mm pair of gloves (not sure what brand) for warmer water.

Since that post I now regret buying:

-Scubapro Ladyhawk BC - I tried a BP/W and found it MILES better. I tried out a few different types of BP/Ws and replaced my Ladyhawk with an OMS single wing + SS backplate + one-piece harness.

-Scubapro MK11/S555+ R295 regs - they work perfect and I still use them but I would not buy Scubapro regulators again due to some of their servicing + warranty policies.

-Uwatec Smartcom computer - I used this from Feb 08 (when I got certified) to March this year and found it ok. The battery ran out really quick though and given I was a second hand owner to get it replaced under warranty was tough (but I managed in the end). So I would never buy a computer again where I cannot replace the batteries myself. Another thing about it is that I started using my backup wrist computer that I'd bought a few days before the battery died (Uwatec Aladin One) with an SPG and MUCH preferred that setup. Wrist computers are so much easier to use and I really found I did not miss air integration at all. Once I got my Smartcom back from its battery replacement I sold it and replaced it with a Uwatec Aladin Tec2g, which I really like. The Aladin One I keep as a backup in my save-a-dive kit.

I guess I am not too upset about having bought two of a few things as I have backups and also gear to loan to friends that want to dive but don't have their own gear.

Yes i bought one of those plunger type reels . it tangled putting up an SMB And took me into big trouble . well that was a long long time ago. I still use the same equipment as i did 13 years ago,
Not so much has changed . from then when we changed over from the old LBJ . Regs are better and fist stages more reliable. My buddy commando just keeps on going. after 1500 dive and more . the only change in my diving life is fins , wet suit and computer. . Some divers hate the basics and that includes instructors. At the end of the day. dive with what make life under water stressless, Ease of use. And you can deal with incase of an emergency.
stating that , I never use the plunger reel for smb its used for recovery or wrecks. I now use one of this big yellow reels with the big thumb lever. about the size of a side plate. much better!

soft weights and a rattler for signalling. soft weights:so far the solid weights work just fine in my configurations and they're cheaper. rattler: diving the cold stuff, nobody can hear the thing because of the thick hoods.

Diving warm we can hear them, and always want to kill the person making the noise.

I bought an old BCD that I wanted some parts off of. Found that I could have bought the parts brand new from my LDS for the same price as what I scavenged off this old Zeagle. It now sits in a pile of old scuba stuff that I "hate to throw away". My wife calls me a pack-rat! :)

Back
Top Bottom