What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had used "spare air" once, It might seem like a worthwhile purchase. I bought a Gary Bangstick - never used, but still cool to look at (black and gold) I think I can avoid sharks better than someone running out of air.

2 Sealife cameras. they both broke after 8 dives and 2 dives. $700 wasted.

dive skins. never use em.

Arm mounted slate. keeps slipping off

OK, I need to remove one thing from my list... sort of...

At the top of my list of regrets has been the Suunto SK7 wrist mount compass, because the wrist boot is ABSOLUTELY FREAKING HORRIBLE with that "stick the little rubber thingy in the hole" band on it...

However, now that I have tossed that POS boot in the trash and put the compass in a DSS bungie wrist boot, life is GOOD.

Air2. 2pc 7mm Farmer John and Jacket -- I immediately hated diving it so much I went dry. Crappy fins, mask and snorkle in a package at Sport Chalet to start my cert class. Extra SPG because I didn't trust my air integrated computer, waste. Suunto Cobra is great.

my ex-wife...lol

You bought your ex-wife? Personally if the marriage hadn't worked out and I was in the market for a new wife, I wouldn't buy an old one. Common sense really :wink:

Bought and paid for my friend..lol. (NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS PERMITTED) Scuba diving is much cheaper!!!

Let's see: A jacket BC, a 7mm Farmer John (Damned hard to get on and off - if the water's that cold, I'll wear my 5mm semi-dry or my dry suit.), tiger fins (the first hinged fins), console computer, BigEye mask. And of course those titanium dive knives that my wife and I bought ($89 each, if memory serves), that are underwater in Key Largo and a local quarry now.

I've gone mostly Hogarthian/DIR (Their gear configuration book is great when making purchase decisions.) and haven't looked back since. It's just nice to buy equipment that doesn't break easily.

At least I never bought an AIR2 or split fins!

-G

I almost bought some split fins once but the high price tag (for a set of fins) held me off. I'm glad it did as they would now be sitting in the closet on my pile of unused gear.

Maybe that should be in a new thread: Gear you almost bought and are glad you didn't. :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom