What Dive Fins work best with BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buds:
I understand Turtle fins come in 3 Types??
whats the diff between them? When would you use one over the other?

To the best of my knowledge, Turtle fins come in 1 type ... black rubber. They come in one size ... XXXL.

I've got about 500 dives on mine, and love 'em ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

buds:
I was wondering what dive fins work best with BP/W configuration??

That's an interesting question. These are two pieces of equipment with distinct functions, each one is designed to perform different tasks. I think it would be better to approach the question from the perspective of fin characteristics and purpose irrespective of BC being used. One might as well ask which mask works well with BP/W. Optimize the mask, BC, and fins, taking into consideration their primary functions, how it relates to you and your particular dive conditions, and you will find that these functions are so different from each other that it will almost certainly fit well together in the overall system.

Fins provide thrust and maneuverability while affecting muscle fatigue and air consumption. Some models offer superb performance in specific aspects while being poor in others such as: Currents, maneuverability, speed, ease of finning, different type of kicks, buoyancy, etc. Some are good general all around performers.

Do a search or ask questions in the equipment fins forum. Try out different models if possible. Take other's opinion with a grain of salt. Everyone has their favorite fins. Consider your unique physical and dive condition requirements, which may be quite different from those making recommendations. And consider that it takes some time to master the technique required to get the maximum performance out of the various types of fins available.

buds:
Hello All

I was wondering what dive fins work best with BP/W configuration??
I just purchsed some new BP/W equipment and it occured to me . I may just need to buy new fins too I use a LP Steel 85 and a Dry suit. I dont want the "High Feet Thing"
to occur.

Thanks again

XL Scubapro Jet. My Atomic splitfin is now collecting dust in my garage.

Thought I would offer another "newbie's" experience. I went from twin jets to aqualung super rockets. My instructor had me try to swim to the surface from 30' without any air in my bladder and double steel 100's with my twin jets, never happened. Then I tried out the super rockets, I actually found my self ascending fast enough for my dive computer to tell me to slow down. Seemed like a no-brainer to me, and the super rockets are a lot less than anything else on the market. Leaves more coin for all of that other gear...like lights...

I don't have the experience to comment on what fin works best in any particular environment.

I have learned a lot on this forum, hopefully I can contribute more in the future

Cheers

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom