What do GUE/DIR divers look for in a learn to dive class for friends and family?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious, for those of you who have said "X isn't even sure if they like diving" -- why not have them do a discover scuba diving experience?

I think for the people that want to check off that bucket list item of "I tried scuba" a properly run DSD can be a great thing.

Just curious, for those of you who have said "X isn't even sure if they like diving" -- why not have them do a discover scuba diving experience?

I think for the people that want to check off that bucket list item of "I tried scuba" a properly run DSD can be a great thing.
I agree. discover scuba is fun

As an instructor I have always found DSD dives to be the most rewarding and the absolutely most stressful. For me.

every single student mentions the great value of GUE courses
I respectfully disagree.

If you disagree, what's your argument then? Im curious
I'm curious as well. I just finished GUE fundies last weekend (rec pass, tec provisional), and it was awesome! I'd be curious to learn why someone didn't like it. It is hard work, a significant time and energy commitment. My only complaint is that I did not take it sooner, but that is on me.

I'm curious as well. I just finished GUE fundies last weekend (rec pass, tec provisional), and it was awesome! I'd be curious to learn why someone didn't like it. It is hard work, a significant time and energy commitment. My only complaint is that I did not take it sooner, but that is on me.

I believe you would be hard pressed to find someone who "didn't like it." The assertion that @compressor challenged was that "every single student mentions the great value of GUE courses."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom