What do you all do when it's too cold to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fall and wintr are great inland lake diving. Do most of my diving at that time in N.H. Ice diving is pretty cool too.

Dive all year round up here in Ontario, Canada no problem with a dry suit, when I want a break head down to the Caribbean for a couple of weeks for some easy diving.

We make snowmen.

Remember NO snorkels!!!:rofl3:

Attachments

• SNOWBA_front.jpg
    SNOWBA_front.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 116
  • SNOWBA_side.jpg
    SNOWBA_side.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 118
Elonna,

I'll be out at Joe's this w/e with some students and again Mon/Wed next week. Come out and dive!

Dwight

See, that's the problem. This is Halloween weekend so my son has plans already and only wish I could dive during the week....lucky bum :tongue:

Thank you for the offer though.

Just so much going on now with holidays coming up...the next weekend I have free is like the Nov 13th/14th and it could be 70 or it could be 35. I'm moving back to FL or the USVI lol.

Not to mention, Joe is kind of irking me with his attitude this season. We only went once this year and just way too many floaters and they were not swimming safely.

I dive year round in Ontario, Canada in a 7mm wetsuit!

I can't imaging not diving through the winter.

Since This in in the KPP area, I feel that I'm qualified to answer.

I dive, just not as often. I usually take a FL springs trip in Jan, it's not that expensive. Last winter, I also did a couple of days of diving at Pennyroyal (S/W Kentucky). Granted those were done in drysuits.

The quarry dives were different. It's a good time to explore parts of the quarry that you normally don't spend a lot of time in. In Feb the surface was 44deg and at 100' it was 42deg. Other than watch your no deco limits and gas supply, you might as well check out the deeper areas. You can't tell the difference in the temp shallow or deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom