What do you drive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I discovered my Infiniti G37 Coupe is actually the perfect vehicle for snorkeling! Unfortunately I don’t go snorkeling. It pretty much sucks for scuba and it’s possibly the only vehicle in the entire state of North Carolina that’s not a pickup truck...

here it is with the basket too...
IMG_20180806_153435[8645].jpg

If you can't pack that into a full sized American pickup truck, your packing skills suck.

Truck won't ride like my car, and you can't lock a truck up like my car.

I used to use a truck. Can't stack gear as high in a truck.

2019 Suzuki Vitara.

I load everything I need to move around the Philippines from diving place to diving place in it. Great gas mileage, fun to drive and fits on the narrow roads here pretty good.

20191019_125839.jpg

And it has a sunroof as well. I use the sunroof to dump the heat out quickly when I start up. Only drove with it open a couple of times, it is usually either too hot or too rainy here in Philippines.

Did you buy your last vehicle so you could comfortably carry your dive gear? What is your favorite dive car? Share pictures if you’d like! Vans and big SUVs are great of course, but I’m looking for something on the smaller side. Recommendations are good too!

As I live in the mountains where a 4x4 is sometimes required I bought a Ford Ranger Wildtrak... 3.2l Diesel Turbo. Diesel in Taiwan costs around US$ 50 cents a litre atm and price is falling.

Five passengers and all the space for whatever gear you need to bring.

FORD RANGER WILDTRAK IN THE HIILS.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom