• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

What do you typically do during scuba diving?

Discussion in 'Xtar' started by XTAR, Jan 15, 2021.

1. XTAR

XTAR Dive Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Scuba diving could be the ultimate escape from noise, troubles in life, give you chance to enjoy being “weightless flying” and explore fascinating underwater world. Do you still remember when you start the first scuba diving? Feel free to share your scuba diving stories and maybe start some fun discussion. :)
    • Reasons why you enjoy scuba diving: for fun, for work, for ...
    • Your favorite scuba diving locations...
    • Scuba diving activities: such as, photography creatures, spearfish/hunt, make cave diving...

2. BLACKCRUSADER

BLACKCRUSADER Manta Ray

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    I like to take a nap during the dive. ( erh not really )

I close my eyes sometimes and try to see if I can feel any difference in the pressure in my ears which would mean an ascent or descent. I get to a perfectly buoyant position and test myself. Mainly I dive to clear my mind of thoughts and if a good opportunity pops up take a photo or a video. Otherwise just relax and enjoy myself.

3. JMBL

JMBL Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    My answers :

1°) Why did I start diving ?
    Grew up in the 70s in front of a tv set, with JY Cousteau documentaries being aired on a regular basis and I thought those guys were the coolest. Had to wait until I was 18 to start, broke my piggy bank and scrounged every penny I could find to finance my OWD. Now I'm almost 50 and diving is still my very expensive and exclusive mistress ! :D

2°) What I do underwater ?
    - watching the underwater denizens, from the humblest shrimp to the proudest high sea fish, I love them all
    - sight seeing, I remember some places, almost barren, more mineral than anything but majestic like a cathedral
    - like the atmosphere and the feeling of being somewhere else, almost on another planet... Especially after a deep dive : topside is close but faraway in time still... I do like long deco (when my butt is not freezing of course :p)
    - allows me to leave of troubles behind, compulsory to enjoy the dive, kind of cleaning my brain, very therapeutic, soothing...

XTAR and Bigbella like this.
  4. beldridg

beldridg Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Deco. Lots of deco. :)

5. arew+4

arew+4 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Crystal clear warm water please!
    Shooting pictures, and lionfish (In the Caribbean)

XTAR likes this.
  6. BoundForElsewhere

BoundForElsewhere Waiting for the zombies ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    From my previous thread, "Why we Dive"

XTAR and Sawdust82 like this.
  7. Bert van den Berg

Bert van den Berg Solo Diver

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I do two very different types of diving. One is smelling the roses and looking to see anything new and/or unusual. Even after a few thousand dives this still happens occasionally. The other type of diving is hunting/gathering. Mostly crayfish (lobster). It can be very challenging.

Sawdust82 likes this.
  8. Anthony A.

Anthony A. Manta Ray

I look at my new peregrine and count the minutes left so i can see the beautiful display change to safety stop colours.

And then i go home to sleep since i woke up early to go diving :yeahbaby:

LanceRiley and flyboy08 like this.
  9. flyboy08

flyboy08 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    In search of a mermaid.

XTAR and Sam Miller III like this.
  10. Tracy

Tracy Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I try to stack as many rocks as I can on top of my buddy's doubles without them noticing. Once I have a nice baselayer, I start going for height.