• Swimsuit / bikini / bathing shorts

Votes: 170 75.2%
  • Special diving undergarments

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • I'll never tell

Votes: 6 2.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't see wearing nothing under a wetsuit.

You want something on down below to keep the neoprene from pulling on the short and curlies. That would sure bring tears to your eyes. :D

Marc

I normally wear my diveskin and swimming trunks.

Isn't this kinda like the question "What do Scots Men wear under their kilts?"

I wear a normal pair of swim trunks under my wetsuit, but sometimes the bunching is a pain, I was thinking of going to try spandex bicycle shorts. Anyone else tried these?

Dale

Bike shorts!

They're light, tight, have padding, and don't bunch up under a wet suit. They dry quickly, too.

I like my two piece spandex running set. The two pieces make it easier to manipulate when I'm in the bathroom. It also makes getting in an out of the wetsuite a breeze. Because it is thin, I can run a swim shammy over it and get a lot of moisture off my skin. When I'm standing around, it keeps me warmer than a standard swim suite. Plus, I can use the outfit for other things like working out. I like the body armor brand. Speedo also makes a nice tankkine, I like having the top and bottoms separate, it covers the tummy, and the straps allow a good range of arm motion. After several trips to the quarry, I'm finished with the one piece.
SJS:wink:

until I go onto this forum I never thought that people would wear something other than a swim suit. Interesting..
I wear a tanktini or a bikini. Very simple.

When I first started this poll, I honestly didn't know what kind of response to expect!

Personally, I think wetsuits were designed to let in a thin film of water and warm it up against your skin. :sheepish: oops I think I just revealed my vote :wink:

...not to mention I couldn't quite figure out what to wear under a wetsuit that wouldn't bunch up or show. Well I guess now I know: dive skins, which truly sound wonderful - and expensive (sigh)

Looks like I'm in the minority................

Another advantage to a dive skin is the protection it offers against sunburn (whcih I used to get after during surface intervals with my wet suit off to the waist).

And they're not that expensive. Around $80 at local LDS and I've seen them go for under $40 sometimes on eBay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom