what do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swim trunk and a rash shirt (longsleeve in winter)

When commando is an option that's what I do. When it's not, I wear these MAKO jammers. Regardless, I always wear WETSOX wetsuit socks. They don't add any appreciable warmth, but make it a lot easier to don and doff my wetsuit and wetboots. Swim trunks drive me absolutely insane, I cannot understand why anyone would prefer them over jammers or even whatever undies you wear day-to-day. But my main dive buddy wears trunks every single time, so YMMV.

Small swimsuit (not board shorts or speedo/budgie smuggler; moderation in all things :)) and a lycra skin (makes getting the wetsuit on much easier). I also wear lycra socks because if I'm doing a lot of diving (like on a liveaboard), the skin on my feet can get pretty soft and blisters are no fun. I like these: Beefy Socks — XS Scuba All that said, I still prefer to dive in just the lycra skin/no wetsuit if the water if warm enough. All IMHO,YMMV.

On the odd occasion I dive wet:

Bathing suit (one piece), long sleeve rash guard, Lavafore hooded vest, 1mm knee high neoprene socks

Added: this is wore in cold(er) water under a Bare Evoke 7mm with 5mm boots and 3mm gloves. It’s seen me down to 43F on the Great Lakes.

Standard swim suit. If only one dive (winter) I work it so I can gear down back in the house, so I go commando (one less item to rinse).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom