What fins to take to Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are planning a trip to the Phillipines and are taking some small planes to Coron/El Nido with baggage restrictions. We are planning to just take our full foot fins as we will be doing some snorkelling whilst there. We are finishing the trip with a week in Anilao, are open heels fins useful in Anilao? Do you wade in from shore to access the Bangka's? I was planning to take a thin pair of booties regardless for reef walking and island hopping so I wouldn't have an issue wearing them on the boat and then removing to wear my full foot fins.

Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

You'll be fine with FF fins and some beach shoes. If for some reason you wanted to use some open heel fins you can always rent/borrow a pair from the dive shop you are diving with.

there is some wading in in order to get into the Bangka in Anilao

Normally you walk up a plank onto the Bangka in Anilao, but no way would I walk barefoot along the shore to get to the plank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom