What gives??? SeaLife DC2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those pics are awesome. What lighting set up did you use? Are those shots in RAW or JPEG?

I'm more on the video side of things underwater. So, I use video lights instead of strobes.
I use 2 Sealife Sea Dragon 2500 Lumen lights.
Most of the time I shoot in jpeg. I find when shooting in raw the camera take longer to process the images before you can take another.

I also white balance manually. It's a pain because you can't set a short cut. So, I have to scroll through the menu every time I shoot a new subject.

I'm more on the video side of things underwater. So, I use video lights instead of strobes.
Most of the time I shoot in jpeg. I find when shooting in raw the camera take longer to process the images before you can take another.

I also white balance manually. It's a pain because you can't set a short cut. So, I have to scroll through the menu every time I shoot a new subject.
Thanks for the feedback! I don't use strobes either. But, I only have the one 2500 Sea Dragon video light. I have been considering getting a second one-- your pics have me strongly leaning in that direction. I haven't ever done anything with White Balance- so I may need to look into that. I don't do a lot of video-- mostly just shoot pictures.

You can set a manual white balance button, I don’t remember how but it’s in the manual.

Thanks for the feedback! I don't use strobes either. But, I only have the one 2500 Sea Dragon video light. I have been considering getting a second one-- your pics have me strongly leaning in that direction. I haven't ever done anything with White Balance- so I may need to look into that. I don't do a lot of video-- mostly just shoot pictures.

I don't know if you can see in my profile picture. I have an extra extension on the arm. So, it gives me the flexibility better position the lights. I brought them (barely) used on eBay.

You can set a manual white balance button, I don’t remember how but it’s in the manual.

In the manual, it says you can set a shortcut for 10 of the settings. But I haven't been able to make it work. I even called Sealife.
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 7.01.04 PM.png

In the manual, it says you can set a shortcut for 10 of the settings. But I haven't been able to make it work. I even called Sealife.
View attachment 567712
Thanks again- I have always just used the the Auto White Balance.

Yes, I'm using the latest firmware.
It’s been a while since I set mine up, go to shortcut, select WB and push the ok button, maybe try a quick push??
You may be better off contacting SL and let them walk you through it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom