what happened to Nagel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sam Miller III

Scuba Legend
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
CALIFORNIA: Where recreational diving began!
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Nagel was so very active in the mid west diving scene - but has disappeared from the SCUBA Board for about a year and a half.

Although his diving experienced was limited and he had been in the sport only a short time he was the back bone of mid west diving and contributed so much in such a short time

Did he give up diving ? Discovered other interest ?

SDM

Here's what I was able to find:

It appears he was active here 2006 - 2017. Similarly on the scubatoys forum he stopped posting in 2017. Trip advisor as well his last post was early 2017. His dive blog also was last updated in 2017.

I don't know him personally to answer your question.

He has some good local diving posts, if ever I get into his neck of the woods I'll search the archives!

I did find him on a social media site with posts from this fall (2018) but unrelated to diving.

Hopefully whatever is going on in his life is wonderful and perhaps one day he'll begin posting again.

Cameron

I have had the pleasure of diving with snagel and his friend Steve C. Great guys.

Unfortunately, I have not heard from either of them in a few years. But, a LOT of the divers from around here (within a few hundred miles) don't dive (or rarely dive) anymore.

Scuba Toys is pretty much a ghost town, nowadays. There are a few of us who still post there, but nothing like it used to be.

Lobo

What a shock to see this thread. I'm still here, just kinda got burned out on the dive boards for awhile. Still diving. In fact, just got back from Bonaire a couple weeks ago. We typically spend our time between Norfork Lake in Arkansas and Mermet Springs. Will probably try and get a dive or two in at Bennett Springs in Jan or Feb.

As far as the web site, www.midwestmuckdiving.com we are actually in the process of updating it. It's is still there, but the platform is do old now that it has to be rebuilt. We are just about done with that.

Thanks for asking.......

Well there he is! I knew all the thinking about him would get his ears burning!!

Glad you are doing well!!! We need to get together!

DW

Wow, are the starts aligning. SteveC and I were just talking about you a while back wondering if you were still diving. We definitely need to get together sometime. Good to hear from you.

I will be at Bennett Springs on February 16th. Planning on Beaver the weekend of April 20. Trips to Stockton on the weekends between. I will send my contact info when I get home from the dive shop today.

DW

I think all 6 spots are taken, but will check.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom