What happened to the Go To First Unread Option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Hammer

Contributor
Reaction score
Title sums it up. I no longer see an option in a thread to "go to first unread". This really sucks when someone posts in a thread that's a month old and I'm taken to the first post and have to work my way backward from the end end of several pages.

Thanks, - Jeff

Chrome and Samsung Internet, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

When I browse New Posts and click the thread title it automatically takes me to first unread.

How are you getting to the threads? Forum view or New?

Title sums it up. I no longer see an option in a thread to "go to first unread". This really sucks when someone posts in a thread that's a month old and I'm taken to the first post and have to work my way backward from the end end of several pages.

Thanks, - Jeff

Chrome and Samsung Internet, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

Did you accidentally sign out?

It won't be visible once you've read the thread, if you're not subscribed to the thread or if you're not signed in. I hope this helps.

When I browse New Posts and click the thread title it automatically takes me to first unread.

How are you getting to the threads? Forum view or New?
Same here, I automatically go to the first unread in more recent threads. I'm using the "Recent Posts" button.

Did you accidentally sign out?
Nope, still logged in.

It won't be visible once you've read the thread, if you're not subscribed to the thread or if you're not signed in. I hope this helps.
I'm signed in and it's threads I've read before and/or have subscribed to.

The option dissapered a few weeks ago. Again, if the thread has fairly recent activity I automatically go to first unread, subscribed/participated or not. If the thread hasn't hasnt had activity or if I haven't read/participated for a few weeks I go to page one with no option to go to first unread, regardless if I'm subscribed/participated/read or not.

Prior to a few weeks ago on older threads, read/subscribed/participated or not I was also taken to page one but had the option to click go to first unread.

- Jeff

I just routinely click the black dot between the avatar and the thread title.

Ok, so weird part...

The "go to first unread" button showed back up when I'm on my tablet the other day but when on my phone (which I use mostly) it's still missing.

So then, something in your browser has changed.
I'm considering that. It's just odd both disappeared at the same time and now it's back on one. All my automatic updates and background data are disabled, I prefer to manually update my apps. So I'm fairly confident nothing has changed with settings or updates on either. Like I said, it's odd.

SB is the only site I've had a lot of problems with, I'd even say it's about the only site I've had any problems with. From buggy interface to popups to infecting my device to burning up my mobile data at a ridiculous rate. If I didn't like the content I'd probably avoid the site all together because it can be extremely frustrating using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom