What happened to the "thanks" button?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gill Envy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm wondering what happened to the thanks Button and the tally. I think it's valuable for folks to be able to say if they have found a post helpful and conversely, I think it helps give a little incentive for folks make actual valuable contributions rather than total BS posts.

if it's gone for good, what's the rational behind the decision?

thanks,
George

It was removed because it's not compatible with the new version of vbulletin that the board is scheduled to be upgraded to soon. The "like" feature is supported in the newer versions and is replacing the thanks button.

There are several threads in site support about the changes and upcoming transition

Thanks.png

The only UNlike thing about progress is that all the "thanks" for some really awesome posts will not be converted to "like". :sad:

Like is good, share is better. :)

So, like, I wanted to, like say, like, 'thanks' to a post, but, like, all I can, like do is, like, 'like' it.
I like, feel like some pimply faced, like, Facebook nerd. Like.

Reactions: BKP
thanks for the response.

I "liked" it better the way it was, but not a biggy.

I am getting a niggly little feeling that everything on the net is on the verge of getting assimilated by FB... god help anyone who gets tired of the monotony of FB flavored everything.

g

Gracias.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom