What happens to fish that are swallowed whole?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
Where's David Attenborough when you need him! :D

Trying to decide whether to be killed by asphyxiation or stomach acid.

DavidPT40:
I just read in "Mysteries of the Sea" that sperm whales have been found with live fish and squid in their stomaches.

... And that old guy tending his float.

I shot a barracuda Saturday that had a fish (about an 8 inch grunt) in it's stomach. It had just eaten as the belly was a little distended and he didn't feel like swimming as I zeroed in on him to shoot. This fish had been killed by being bitten in half....the tail was eaten first, then the other half. It looked pretty ugly like some acid or something was eating away at the scales and skin.

Dive Chronicles has an article about a fisherman that caught a fish, and found a live baby turtle in it. The turtle was taken to a rehab center, and was swimming around at the Florida Dive Show last week. Pretty neat story.

What really happens tho is what you see in finding nemo. If it's a whale they get blown out thru the blowhole, and if its a bigger fish they tickle his insides till he laughs them out. Or they turn the door knob on the one tooth and go out that way when he's asleep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom