What I won at Bonne Terre Mine treasure Hunt 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard the history of Bone Terre Mine many times. Each time I've heard it said that, in its heyday, the mine was the largest lead producer in North America. However, I've found that statement to be incorrect. Bonne Terre Mine did not reach its heyday until it was purchased by Doug and Cathy and turned into a dive destination. And the pinnacle of the mine's history, thus far, was the 2011 Treasure Dive.

The wealth of knowledge and plans for future trips and gadgets that I gained from talking to my fellow divers and all of the wonderful vendors who attended the event, were by far the greatest prize that I brought home that day. The best part is that I know that each and every diver there got to share in that prize. I would like to personally thank each and every one of you, including the staff of the mine, the vendors and the divers, for making it such a memorable event. This was my first Treasure Dive at the mine, but you can count on the fact that it won't be my last.

In the auction, I also came out a winner. While I had my heart set on the Mares HD Computer (Totally jealous of Butterdub. But, congratulations on winning such a great prize, man), I ended up winning a prize that I was equally as happy to receive.

I am the proud new owner of an Equinox Video Housing for my camera. And while I couldn't take my prize home with me to play with that day (it has to be custom made), it should be here next week and I'm so excited. I'm leaving on a Caribbean Cruise in early July and my prize should be here just in time to taste the salty water of the Bahamas with me.

Thanks again to everyone who worked so hard to make the event so successful. I look forward the doing it all again next year. But don't worry, you'll see me at the mine before then.

:D We had a great time at the treasure hunt again. We showed up on Thursday night and stayed at BTM for the weekend. We dove Fri, Sat, and Sun. It is very convenient and affordable to stay at the mine, they even turned the air on in our room before we had arrived. Throughout the day it was great to talk to all of the different reps and see into their products not to mention talking to some of the resort operations for future trips. Also hearing from other divers what they had thought of their previous stays, a lot of them had won a trip in past treasure hunts. I walked away with a trip to Beqa Lagoon Resort in Fiji. This included R/T ground and boat transfers, 7nts in a deluxe villa, PLUS a 5 day dive package including gourmet dining and world class diving! This I am very existed about. Even though I did not do real well during the hunting, I was still able to get a great prize due to others holding out for one of the many other prizes that there were. I liked the way it was setup to give every one a fair chance to win even if they were not the best hunters. The dives were great and the trail guides were even better. I would recommend this to anyone that likes to dive and have fun. The people at BTM are well organized and go far out of their way for you. Thank you again, Scott

I'm the guy who went down with heat exhaustion during the surface interval.

The crew there took such good care of me by getting me cooled down and ready to roll.

I couldn't do the second dive but I will be back next year. My wife's son has already stepped up and volunteered to come with me. I'll be ready to take it on and enjoy the entire thing.

Thanks,
Jeff G.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom