What is bioflex exactly?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've googled and come up dry. The USIA page may explain what it is but I couldn't find it. Can anyone shed light on what materials the techniflex is made from? Sounds like a great suit made right here in my home state.

The best way I can explain it is the material is similar to what they use on most BCD's. It is very durable and I can't ever see it ripping or tearing. I have the Techniflex suit and I like it. It is well made, comfortable and the customer service can't be beat.

The material is a little hard to explain with out giving too many particulars. But we are no longer using "BioFlex" material in our suit. The material we have been using the last year and a half is a more durable, more flexible fabric that we have named "Techniflex". Basically it is a tightly wound Polyester that is extremely durable and is coated with a stretchy laminate. The material does not delaminate like traditional "Bilaminates" and is more durable and stretch than most "Trilaminates". The biggest difference you see in the materials is that the Techniflex is a much more comfortable material when you are squeezed underwater.

PM me and I will direct you to a Dealer where you can get a little touchy feely. Is it me or did that sound a little creepy?:blinking:

Well, I have a techniflex suit as of today. Shoulder entry, black with orange (Go Beavs!!!). I see the slight give of the material when I get all the air out and kneel and such. It does feel comfy. Thanks for the good info on the materials. I'll get to dive it this Friday. I am so looking forward to not wetsuiting my way through 3 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom