What is newish in the world of fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm getting back in after a long time away and I'm wondering what is new in the fin world as I see a lot of new ones out but nothing about them.

Wondering who has tried fins which have come out in the last 9 years and what you think about them.

for new england, stick to the tried and true jetfin or similar like the turtle/f1. for warmer waters, the deep 6 eddy is an improvement over the oms fins, if you need something shorter for travel. haven't tried the scubapro go yet, but that seems to have some positive reviews. if you don't mind the length, i still like the dive rite xt fins.

Deep6 Eddy fins and OMS Slipstream fins are both close to neutral in water; if you tend to be foot heavy (such as tropical diving in a wetsuit), neutral fins can be quite nice. I like both okay; the Deep6 Eddy has a spacious foot pocket I like.

From what I understand from others' reports, Jet Fins are heavy, and I've briefly had a pair of Turtle Fins - also heavy. From what I gathered, that can be good if you're dry suit diving and need more weight at your feet.

What conditions do you dive in?

Richard.

Year around new England. My favorites so far are the jets and slingshots.

I'm primarily a frog kicker when diving.

If you need the weight of the Jet fins the Hollis F1s or F1 LTs are negative in the water but have a more comfortable foot pocket. They're stiff enough for effective frog and related kicks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom