Info What is Saturation Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Along with "Into the Lion's Mouth", I would add the recent "Trapped Under the Sea" by Neil Swidey as required reading for anyone in the commercial diving business that has any sense of self-preservation. Excellent treatise on the dangers of placing too much trust in someone(s) simply because they have a title or position of authority.

Akimbo

This should become an enlightning moment for many who use the term saturation when they think about deco.

Akimbo

This should become an enlightning moment for many who use the term saturation when they think about deco.

Although the systems and support necessary are daunting, the physiology is actually far simpler than for multigas tech divers. Except for excursions above and below the holding depth, decompression is only concerned with the slowest tissues releasing Helium. You can see how simple the decompression schedule is in post #1. Plus we have the luxury of being able to be very conservative since everyone is warm, dry, fed, can use the head, sleep, and watch videos through the view ports.

There's a series of these videos online- they are actually training videos for Sat divers, I'll try to find a link to all of them

It occurred to me that everyone reading this might not know how large volumes of industrial HP gas is delivered. Here is a Helium tube trailer:
full

Here is a 12-pack of "K" bottles:
full

Packs and trailers like these are typically delivered to pierside, loaded on a supply boat, and offloaded to the DSV by crane.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom