What is scuba diving's orange shovel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
Clear skirted 3 window masks need to be near the top. Aquarium on your grill means new card in your pocket.
I like my 3 window mask. The skirt is pretty cloudy and gray now, but I think it was more or less clear at some point . . .

DAN Tag matching your mesh hose wraps and strain reliefs.
I like my DAN tag. If I'm out like a light and get dragged in to a hospital somewhere, I'd like them to know they're going to get paid. In the US a hospital can't refuse initial treatment based on ability to pay, but I'm not so sure that's true everywhere.

reefduffer:
I've been lurking awhile, registered just to ask this question.
I've read the entire thread, and every piece of equipment mentioned except one
(okay, two, I forgot pig stickers on thigh straps) seems to have at least a few defenders.
Why the hate for tank bangers?

• They're annoying to everybody who isn't your buddy
  • If your buddy is far enough away that you need a tank banger, the appropriate attention-getting method is to swim over and smack him/her in the head, since he's not paying attention to you and is too far away.

If you need a tank-banger, it means that you're far enough away that you could die or get really badly seperated/lost before your buddy realizes you're in trouble.
Terry

Archangel:
My do all and constantly freeflowing Atomic SS1-what a large waste of money.

It's not supposed to do that.

If your dealer has been unable to fix it, contact Atomic. The SS1 is a very nice, reliable reg and should perform flawlessly.

Terry

Mike Edmonston:
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: good one

Well, once you stop diving in your bathtub,:eyebrow: and actually dive in the "wild", you might need one of those shovels :D

BTW cannister lights are great for bashing small animals:confused:

Just kidding guys

Cheers :D

Mike
Hey……… I never dive in the tub. I have more hours underwater vacuuming my pool than I would care to admit, but never in the bathtub. :D

Diving in the wild? Is that good?

Buoyant1:
Spring straps? whadya got against spring straps?

I don’t have any thing against spring straps. I am a friend of all Orange Shovels. :D

"totally functional but not needed"

One man's essential item is another’s orange shovel.

Web Monkey:
  • If your buddy is far enough away that you need a tank banger, the appropriate attention-getting method is to swim over and smack him/her in the head, since he's not paying attention to you and is too far away.

If you need a tank-banger, it means that you're far enough away that you could die or get really badly seperated/lost before your buddy realizes you're in trouble.
Terry

I think the appropriate place to put the tank banger is around your head. If the situation isn't worth knocking your noggin, it isn't necessary to bang your tank.

Web Monkey:
It's not supposed to do that.

If your dealer has been unable to fix it, contact Atomic. The SS1 is a very nice, reliable reg and should perform flawlessly.

Terry
Sorry... mine almost killed me. Thank goodness for my buddy. The bad part was my dealer had just serviced it - I guess I should say my dealer almost killed me. Atomic finally fixed it, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Monkey

Terry

I think the appropriate place to put the tank banger is around your head. If the situation isn't worth knocking your noggin, it isn't necessary to bang your tank.
______

I think we almost have it . . .

Put the tank banger around your buddy's head. If he isn't paying attention, pull it back and give it a snap. :cool:

Terry

geraldp:
Sorry... mine almost killed me. Thank goodness for my buddy. The bad part was my dealer had just serviced it - I guess I should say my dealer almost killed me. Atomic finally fixed it, however.
I am curious. How?
I never had any problems with mine.
Thanks

Web Monkey:
I think we almost have it . . .

Put the tank banger around your buddy's head. If he isn't paying attention, pull it back and give it a snap. :cool:

Terry

OMG I should have used that with my group in the Bahamas!
Terry you made my day with that one! What a riot! :hai:
Happy diving y'all!

Carolyn:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom