What is the average life expectancy of Regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apollo 2000 uses an inline filter/moisturizer. This is, I think, cotton that you put water on so it keeps the air humid. Suppose to work the best but after talking to Discount Divers about it I don't think it would be a very good reg. for me here in the Northwest. Water here is cold and full of particles. It doesn't have a 1st stage seal like an actual cold water reg. I am checking into this to make sure. Sherwood uses the fins like Rick said, and they have it on almost all (if not all) of the regulators, at least the new ones. The Maximus and the Apollo are the only two that have a hose that goes under the arm. I think the Apollo can do both (under or over). If it could handle the cold water I would get it. I just called Apollo and they said the water temp. has to be at least 45 otherwise the inline filter will freeze up.

AlexM, if it's lifetime parts you are looking for, look no further than Aqualung & SeaQuest Regulators :D

I agree with Mario,

Aqualung and Seaquest stand behind their stuff. I own a micra, which absolutely breathes great! I have not had a nicer breathing reg (including Poseidon, Tusa, Sherwood, Seaquest and others). Even Rodales puts it at the top of the list, and it's such an inexspensive regulator. Now, I am NOT a bargain hunter, but I am pleased when the best (for me, anyway) is a bargain to boot!

Pete from Orlando...

Although I am not affiliated with any of these, you forgot to mention Scubapro and the Apeks lines of Regs. Both are world class regs and can stand on their own merit on performance and longevity.

It seems funny to me that Aqualung had to buy Apeks in order to get a reg to put their name on as they could not develop it on their own. Kinda like Zeagle did before Aqualung bought them out.

ID

Apeks.............The Cinderella of Regulators, does all the work and gets none of the credit.

Think I might have mentioned this before but I sorta found a way to make a reg breathe more moistly.

What you do is you suck the saliva that collects under your tongue into your throat as you breathe. This is accomplished by gently pressing the tip of your tongue against the top row of your teeth and making a slurping sound with the saliva under your tongue by sucking in. Feels sooooo gooood.....

No need for special regs that go through complicated means to rehumidy the air.

tomcat

Well you got me there...

I have never dove an Apek. Whoever as to Aqualung not being able to develop their own reg, that sounds kind of harsh. AL was almost synonymous with inovation and even Scuba Diving for quite some time now. I do not pretend to understand why some companies feel they HAVE to buy other companies out, and sometimes it IS to get their hands on copyrighted technology, sometimes it's just their way of trying to take over the world, Pinky. I do know that AL gets dismissed way too quickly by some, because it is so inexpensive. Either way, I love my Micras, I use em both when I run my dualies, and I love em when I use them one at a time. They just breath GREAT, and when I do have to fill an air bag, there is just no equal!

Pete from Orlando...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom