What is the best dive day-trip dive out of Cairns?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is my first visit to Australia, and I will be in Cairns for only one day of diving. Because this is my only chance to dive this area, I would like to dive the best boat to the best locations. I am confused by the choices because there are so many operators and dive locations. I want to get this right. I understand the “outer reef” is best. Are there any high-speed boats for the best locations? I wish I could stay longer and take a liveaboard, but this is impossible on this trip. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

For day trips you want a fast trip to get you to the Outer Reef aras. Th ebest in my opinion is Tusa which is a bogger boat but reduces numbers to around 60 so there is more space on the boat (it is designed for 89). At the moment is gives 3 dives for the price of 2 and has 5 hours at the Reef which is pretty good. Good service and guided dives are optional (but od cost extra).

Silverswift or Reef Quest are probably the next in line as they are also fast and comfortable. Silversiwft has guided dives included in the cost.

All 3 have lots of decent dive sites to chose from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom