What is the best time to go to the Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krissydt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a preferred time of year to go to the Bahamas? My husband and I would like to plan a scuba vacation in the Bahamas and we were curious as to whether weather, viz, marine life differ throughout the year.

Thanks in advance!

I like going in mid October. The seas haven't started cooling off yet and it's like making my summer 2 weeks longer. They tell me August is the best for diving. More days of calm seas. as fall progresses the seas get rougher and we sometimes can't dive 'cause it's to rough.

Thanks Rick! We are trying to find a place to go Sept 4 - 11 but we were thinking that this is probably not a great time for the Bahamas since it is hurricane season. Any idea what the weather and diving is like in September?

Thanks Rick! We are trying to find a place to go Sept 4 - 11 but we were thinking that this is probably not a great time for the Bahamas since it is hurricane season. Any idea what the weather and diving is like in September?

As long as there isn't a hurricane it should be great!!

Water temp probably mid 80's, vis 100' +

one of the reasons my wife likes to go in October is that it's near the end of Hurricane season. However..........We've been there for a couple of late season huricanes in the last 10 years. It sucks that you can't dive for a couple of days. But the Diving is Amazing afterwards!! The shipwrecks have moved and changed, and those little sand ripples on the bottom are 4' high and 10' apart!!

The diving can be great summer and early fall but that is hurricane season. I'd avoid that like the plague. We dove the Exumas during thanksgiving week one year and had a tropical storm show up and ruin half of the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom