What is the best Underwater light available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Robinson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have seen many types and prices. I figure what I need is a reasonably priced model that attaches directly to my GoPro with an additional attachment to connect my handle grip to. Something rechargeable and with decent power. Also , I think when I am using the light "I do not need to have the Red filter installed?"

few things:

no red filter required with artificial light
light attached directly to the gopro creates backscatter with any particulate in the water
You ask for conflicting information. You ask for the best, but then say reasonably priced without defining what that price is.

Very much a loaded question. You want the best? Go to UWLD, but be prepared to spend about $4k for a dual light setup with tray and big battery. That is reasonably priced for some, that is out of the question for others

@Brian Robinson there's nothing wrong with that so long as you understand you aren't going to get the best, so it's an important clarification. That said, for $150 if that includes the tray and arms that you are really going to get a meaningful benefit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom