What is the future of GUE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bit of topic but for those really interested in the scuba industry and how it operates I HIGHLY recommend by Simon Pridmore's Scuba Professional.

I have learned a lot in this thread on how GUE operates and what the future may or may not bring to it. Not that anyone cares but I am really turned off by politicizing of my beloved sport. I suspect other divers feel the same. I believe it bear reminding ourselves that not everyone wants to dive technical. I see no reason someone cannot enjoy diving at subTech level. They can still be very accomplished divers; ok they don't go below 130 feet (40m). My point is you do not have to be technical or have high certificates to enjoy diving.

Well if you limit it like that then sure. But all those dudes also rec dive. I'm diving with one of them next weekend even.

Absolutely. Here in Seattle, they frequently have "tweak dives" for practicing skills or just dive for fun. It is open to everyone. GUE has a really nice community here.

Absolutely. Here in Seattle, they frequently have "tweak dives" for practicing skills or just dive for fun. It is open to everyone. GUE has a really nice community here.

Must be nice! I wish south florida had a community like that. :(

But then I hear people say things like "GUE isn't interested in recruiting more people and they shoudn't be, etc, etc." Which to me means that maybe south FL will never have a community like that, and that sucks...

GUE Seattle that has a model that should be replicated. It goes beyond the organization. It is just good for diving. It helps that the "GUE shop" (5th Dimension) is run by the most honest and principled dive shop owner I've come across. Over the years, he's talked me out of purchases twice. A student I sent his way, he talked him into a less expensive dry suit for starting out. He has the most loyal customer base which he has rightfully earned.

But then I hear people say things like "GUE isn't interested in recruiting more people and they shoudn't be, etc, etc." Which to me means that maybe south FL will never have a community like that, and that sucks...
Bruh there's a whole gang of gue guys. In the past three weekends in been out diving or hanging out with 8 gue dudes, and I know there are at least 4 or 5 more between melbourne and Miami. There's even a few in Islamorada.

I think it's a little unfair to say there's a shortage of people to dive with. Guys are diving their faces off down there on the regular.

Guys are diving their faces off down there on the regular.

Yes, at the navy drydock @ 200', with DPV's and such. Not everyone is at that level. If there was a bunch of people down here then I shouldn't have a problem finding someone to practice with. But the fact of the matter is I do have that problem...

Yes, at the navy drydock @ 200', with DPV's and such. Not everyone is at that level. If there was a bunch of people down here then I shouldn't have a problem finding someone to practice with. But the fact of the matter is I do have that problem...
Make friends dude. Those guys ALSO rec dive on account of I rec dive with them as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom