What is the most bulletproof 1st stage of all time?

What is the most bullet proof 1st stage of all time?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The MK2/R195 is the current version of that reg so that’s why I picked it.
+1
The MK2/R195 is on my pony bottle, basic, does the job, and I have 2 of them [DIN setup].
And I have the service kits [which consist of 4/5ths of 5/8ths of bugger all].

Funny to see Scubapro at the first place

A few years ago in the german speaking part of Europe we had the word:
"Sterben musst du sowieso,
schneller gehts mit Scubapro"

With the meaning: "You have to die anyway, it is faster with scubapro"

Not really serious, but there where stories about freezing and stories about cracks in the first stage.

There is a reason a MK-2 is there under my arm...

upload_2021-7-7_7-9-0.jpeg

Though I do give a serious nod to my Poseidon's.

+1 for the basic piston 1st stage, particularly the older models. Simplicity and bulletproof operation.

ScubaPro MK2 is it for me. Second choice would be an old Sherwood Brut. The Brut is easier to service (I once rebuilt one a on boat with an adjustable wrench and a pick), but I hated always being told that my reg was leaking...

ScubaPro MK2 is it for me. Second choice would be an old Sherwood Brut. The Brut is easier to service (I once rebuilt one a on boat with an adjustable wrench and a pick), but I hated always being told that my reg was leaking...

I would pick one of those two, but not sure how to rank them.

There is a reason a MK-2 is there under my arm...

View attachment 669625

Though I do give a serious nod to my Poseidon's.

My safety aka ‘buddy’ bottle has a MK-2. I keep it clean and only service it about once a decade. It never complains and always delivers. I did upgrade the R-190 to a cheap HOG Classic 2.0 that I came across at a price I couldn’t resist.

I wanted to be able to de-tune it as opposed to keeping it shut off.

I used it yesterday in fact.

Still, for all the love that Deep6 gets and all the Scubapro hate that I'm happy to join in on, it's interesting to see what has stood the test of time.
I don't think many would say that the Mk2 is the best performer, but for 2 orings and a seat, you can't beat simple.

My safety aka ‘buddy’ bottle has a MK-2. I keep it clean and only service it about once a decade. It never complains and always delivers. I did upgrade the R-190 to a cheap HOG Classic 2.0 that I came across at a price I couldn’t resist.

I wanted to be able to de-tune it as opposed to keeping it shut off.

I used it yesterday in fact.

I have a 109/156 on it. I like to be able to adjust it in, and be able to breath a nice reg if/when it is needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom