What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Brad

Reaction score
I was talking with a friend today who had been diving in Hawaii just off the coast of a world class golf course. I guess their formations of coral where awesome. In any case, he came up to a formation that looked rather odd. As he examined it further he realized it was a Titleist Metal Driver probably in its time around a $600 club. It had found its way into the middle of a coral formation......and was not becoming part of the formation. Now can you imagine the feeling that golfer had as I watched his $600 driver fly towards the deep blue? Even more surprise to have a diver find it later...........coral encased. He also mentioned he found around 100 golf balls in various condition..........and TWO other golf clubs bent in two. As a golfer myself I just had to laugh.

Ok sooooooo here is the question: What is the most odd, strange, wierd, out of place, or funny thing you have ever come across deep in the ocean?

Happy Diving

Me !

The most unusual thing I've ever found was a piece of crockery/glazed pottery dating back to the 1700's. I was diving in the BVI in 1988 near an old wreck and saw something sticking out of the sand that didn't look natural. I grabbed it and stuck it in my BCD pocket. After the dive I washed it and scrapped off some of the debris to find an inscription (in French) that included a date and some other wording. Nothing of any value on the open market but a neat thing to put on the shelf along with my other dive treasures.

'Slogger

The Kraken:

I think finding a Kraken would be the oddest thing to find, by a long shot!

I was working for a Japanese dive company in Honolulu. I had descended to 100' off Waikiki with my four customers. I turned around and there next to me was the captain of the boat who had FREEDIVED to the bottom.
He waved and then casually returned to the surface. Not having any eardrums made it easy enough for him to go that deep quickly.

A ... um ... (ahem) ... s:Dx toy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
A ... um ... (ahem) ... s:Dx toy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You are supposed to leave that in your dry/wetsuit.

There is a Buddha statue in the bay below my house. I always wonder who put it there.

Scuba Brad:
Ok sooooooo here is the question: What is the most odd, strange, wierd, out of place, or funny thing you have ever come across deep in the ocean? Happy Diving

Scuba Brad: Not so deep, or out of place, but two weight belts, criss crossed, and a brand new Mares pneumatic speargun, with a game bag with two legal abalone off "the red barn" in Mendocino county, CA. Often wondered what happened that day. The spear gun worked great. The ab's tasted good, the weights are still in use.

Tom Winters:
I was working for a Japanese dive company in Honolulu. I had descended to 100' off Waikiki with my four customers. I turned around and there next to me was the captain of the boat who had FREEDIVED to the bottom.
He waved and then casually returned to the surface. Not having any eardrums made it easy enough for him to go that deep quickly.

If that don't qualify as a "WT:censored: " moment, I don't know what does,,,,LOL

Back
Top Bottom