What is the oddest thing you've found on the bottom of the ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewie:
i've had some students drop their gear that i had to retrieve. i've seen the cushion of an old sofa discarded as trash. i've also seen a chicken & a cat killed mafia-style, they were tied to a rock & dropped in. hahahahaha :D :rofl3:

The cat I can understand, but a chicken?!?!??:freak:

Steve_Dives:
The cat I can understand, but a chicken?!?!??:freak:
i guess they were alive at that time, since i was able to see the struggle. the chicken with outstretched wings & the cat, clawing upward. get this, we found these 2 poor creatures at the same dive site, 1 week apart

people that do that skinda stuff should be castrated.

We were diving in a lagoon at Fort Sherman, Panama after I first got certified in '89. Swam over a row of concertina wire that was stretched out on the bottom in about 20' of water. Then we came across a bunch of loose ammo scattered on the bottom and a claymore mine laying there. "THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY" staring us in the face. Probably not all that "unusual" given the we were diving off a military base, but we did leave the area pretty quick and didn't try touching it.

rico68:
We were diving in a lagoon at Fort Sherman, Panama after I first got certified in '89. Swam over a row of concertina wire that was stretched out on the bottom in about 20' of water. Then we came across a bunch of loose ammo scattered on the bottom and a claymore mine laying there. "THIS SIDE TOWARDS ENEMY" staring us in the face. Probably not all that "unusual" given the we were diving off a military base, but we did leave the area pretty quick and didn't try touching it.
That's a little more excitement than I want on a casual dive...

I took Jungle ops training at fort Sherman. On training one of the soldiers didn't tie his "dummy cord " to his M16 and dropped it into the lagoon. He failed jungle ops and had to stand guard over the lagoon for a day and a half until the rifle could be recovered.

No diving would be allowed there at that time.

I was near sherman and saw an eagle ray swimming . I had glanced to my left and was surprised to see it only a few feet from me and swimming gracefully but remarkably fast. I couldn't get any closer and couldn't see him after about 10 more seconds as it disappeared in the somewhat poor vis we had that day. mk

Originally Posted by chewie

i've had some students drop their gear that i had to retrieve. i've seen the cushion of an old sofa discarded as trash. i've also seen a chicken & a cat killed mafia-style, they were tied to a rock & dropped in. hahahahaha

i guess they were alive at that time, since i was able to see the struggle. the chicken with outstretched wings & the cat, clawing upward. get this, we found these 2 poor creatures at the same dive site, 1 week apart

I fail to understand the humor in such cruelty.

Back
Top Bottom