What is the purpose of a diving knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just say........what a cool freaking sport that let's you carry a knife!! With all the trash in the ocean I'm glad to carry one. Now if I could just strap on my Sig .380, it is stainless....:D Wait........Bang Sticks. I forgot:ar15:

I thought everyone knew the answer to this:

If you feel you are at risk of a shark attack, pull out your knife, stab your buddy, and then swim like hell!

I use my 15 inch long SeaHawk to kill evil sea monsters, cut the regulator hoses on the bad guy's regulators, fend off PadI Scuba Police and mostly irritate all the Scuba Steve's with scissors and pinky clippers. It is not a tool, it is a weapon and the SeaHawk makes no apologies for it's razor sharp edge.

N

Looks like the largest blade you can get now is 4.5 to 6.5 inches, but in true Michael Scott form............"that's what she said"..........:jester:

Hello,

I got a padi rescue certificate and i try to dive as often as I can.

Through all the training I had about scuba diving, my instructer pointed out the importance of carrying a knife.

I really do not like that kind of equipment and wonder if it's really an important thing to carry a knife while scuba diving. What would be the situations that could be encountered that needs a knife to escape and stay alive? What is the real purpose of a diving knife? Should I really carry one while scuba diving? Thanks in advance for your oppinions.
Its for shanking your buddy and swimming the opposite direction when sharks are around :eyebrow:

You've made it through a rescue diver course and never heard why you should carry a cutting tool?

*sniff sniff*

Does anybody else smell a troll?

I'm trying to figure out how to mount my 42 inch blade katana on my doubles. No need to wrestle morays or anything else. One look at that and they'll be high tailing it out of there!

secure it to one of your tanks high up enough so all you'd have to do is reach behind your head to pull it out. Then the problem would be putting it back in the sheath w/o accidentally cutting any hoses :D

You've made it through a rescue diver course and never heard why you should carry a cutting tool?

*sniff sniff*

Does anybody else smell a troll?

Well, I have learned about why I should carry a knife but ok, all the thing the instructer said was about not carrying a large one. All she said was a small one will do the job. No real proper examples. And the funniest thing is she is a technical diver and she mosty does not carry a knife.

Well.........If all those knives and cutting tools are on the market, there must be a need for them. Hehe. Maybe a bazooka is the right tool in the event of a naval disorder :ar15:

And thanks to those who gave me the examples. The first thing I will do before I dive is buying two cutting tools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom