What is the purpose of a diving knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe a bazooka is the right tool in the event of a naval disorder :ar15:

if you're underwater, a torpedo would be more useful... :dork2:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: A submersible bazooka would do the job. Maybe I need an intercontinental missile. And several torpedos. Wow....:D

I thought everyone knew the answer to this:

If you feel you are at risk of a shark attack, pull out your knife, stab your buddy, and then swim like hell!

:)

You made me spit out my coffee...

This is my diving knife

I'll bet your instructor does carry a cutting tool(s) on her tech dives, but more likely in a pocket or tucked discreetly on her waist belt, not hanging on her leg. I'd start here. It will slice through anything that will fit into it, including the heavy webbing that secures your BC, and they're cheap. (I back mine up with a folding Syperdco with a serrated edge, but I've never had to use it for anything.)

Last edited:
I have heard references to the size of the guys knife being inversely proportional to the size of his equipment.:D

Says the gentleman with the giant claymore icon under his name...

I have heard references to the size of the guys knife being inversely proportional to the size of his equipment.:D

If only that we're true....I carry a pretty small knife :((

I rather liked having that big knife strapped to my leg. Made me feel like a female Loyd Bridges! Now I have a small knife in my BC (even when I'm not supposed to have a knife) and my husband has a pair of shears in his BC. We have never been entangled, but we did rescue a barracuda and a big sponge from fishing line.

Entanglement, primarily in fishing line but shears are good and you are less likely to lose them due to the better grip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom