What is the turn around time for warranty work from XS Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron_dodge

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought an XS Scuba Wheeled traveler bag a while back. After our last dive trip the bag started to come apart at the seams. It's pretty evident that this was just a miss in XS Scuba's QA process during manufacturing. This isn't a huge deal as such defects are covered by the 2 year warranty.

Initially I called XS Scuba to see what my next step to having the bag repaired/replaced was. I was told to take the bag back to the dealer I purchased it from. I had the dealer call XS Scuba as well to ensure that was the correct course of action.

About a month ago the dealer mailed the bag back to XS Scuba. At this point we haven't received a repaired or replacement bag.

It's been almost a month, so my question is, how long does this usually take?

Hit - or - Miss:

Last year, I had a bad pressure checker that was replaced in about 1-2 weeks time...

though I am having an issue with a tank that is now almost 6 months in process......

So just to follow up. It was a hit for me.

I took a chance and called XS Scuba's direct number myself. An actual human being picked up after 2-3 rings, I was pretty shocked. And, even though my local dive shop sent my bag back to XS Scuba, I explained what the issue was and gave the dive shop's name and w/out having to look anything up the rep I spoke to gave me an instant update. About a week later my dive shop called me and said that XS had sent back a brand new bag as a replacement.

Kudos to the whole XS Team. Wonderful experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom