What is your Favorite Doubles Manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. Well Marine Diver, but they rarely produce them..... Currently searching for 1 or 2.

Ralph,

Please elaborate on your objection to pick up method.

Not by the valve wheels, as you may damage the valve stems, but picking up doubles by the manifold is typical/common/standard, has always been typical/common/standard, and will continue to remain typical/common/standard.

I haul with a pneumatic tire hand cart, but always pick up by the manifold.

By the way, my manifolds are Thermo.

Tanks, two sets, are Faber Galvanized HP steel 80's, with original Hydro dates, 2019. Tanks were a recent purchase, replacing 2008, Worthington, Galvanized HP steel 80's.

Rose.

Have seen them flex when shop monkeys move them around. Especially when they’re not used to lifting heavy steels..

Even had a shop replace a set because they bent a Halcyon one on a set of 130’s!

Grab them by the tank valve, not the isolator.

Walking a far distance with no cart? Grab a valve, and grab the bottom of the tanks,,, no awkward mid lift with the arms...

Or carry them however you’d like... not my tanks...

_R

Apeks. Smooth as butter.
Going off of those. Have a few of them as modular valves (for sidemounting bailouts/deco) as well as for a twinset.

Had issues where the twinset valve broke on the "outer" bolt. Had to dump the gas to get it repaired.

The singles modular valves are sometimes quite tight and you need to make sure they're properly tight to turn them off. They also tend to turn on quickly, not so good for O2 rich gasses.

I won't be buying them again.

Have seen them flex when shop monkeys move them around. Especially when they’re not used to lifting heavy steels..

Even had a shop replace a set because they bent a Halcyon one on a set of 130’s!

Walking a far distance with no cart? Grab a valve, and grab the bottom of the tanks,,, no awkward mid lift with the arms...

_R

There was a whole thread on this a while back...this might interest you (or not): Doubles handle = manifold?

_R

Ralph,

I do that, I think all doubles owners do, keeping in mind, the valves are part of the manifold, and the member did say manifold, not by the isolator bar.

Just as long as the hand wheels aren't used.

Thank you for responding.

Rose.

Ralph,

I do that, I think all doubles owners do, keeping in mind, the valves are part of the manifold, and the member did say manifold, not by the isolator bar.

Just as long as the hand wheels aren't used.

Thank you for responding.

Rose.

At the risk of further topic drift, which I try to avoid, it's just not the case that people don't routinely lift them by the crossbar. Moreover, at least on the ones I tested, I think that's perfectly OK. See link in my previous post. I don't want to repeat that discussion in this thread.

For those that have dove the DGX valves how do the Premiums compare to the Long Necks. Any negatives with tank and valve position . The Premiums are about the height of the Dive Rote/Halcyons I believe .... normal

I do know that the DGX’s open with fewer turns so you have to watch it when opening them.

The DGX valves are well made, have readily available parts, the price is more than fair, and they have none of those annoying crush washers. They are ideal for my purposes.

I just buy the normal ones not the o2, premium, long neck etc.

For those that have dove the DGX valves how do the Premiums compare to the Long Necks. Any negatives with tank and valve position . The Premiums are about the height of the Dive Rote/Halcyons I believe .... normal

I do know that the DGX’s open with fewer turns so you have to watch it when opening them.
I don't care for the long necks as doubles. The last thing I want is my valves higher.
I like them on my bailout tanks as plugged singles. Gives a bit of room for bungee and easier in water tank handling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom