What is your favorite mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salvimar Noah
https://www.amazon.com/SalviMar-700...&qid=1543403569&sr=8-1&keywords=salvimar+noah
I am shocked by the price of this mask in the US. Salvimar is an Italian brand (even though my mask is made in China). Here the mask is 28 Eur on Amazon Italy that is about 31.64 USD. On Amazon US I see it at 58 USD (????)

@David Wilson and АлександрД
I like the soviet mask will try to get one
As far as I know if I can find an ebay seller from Ukraine or Southern Russia shipping to Italy is about 10 EUR

Last Friday I received my Нимфа mask from Russia. I bought it from Маска подводная Нимфа купить с доставкой по России. The mask I received was very dirty and really looked like it would have been stored all the time since USSR. From reading the thread I thought it was still in production (like Vostok watches are still in production with a USSR design), so I got a bit disappointed as rubber will get old even if it is not used. I have not had a chance to test it yet, but it seems to allow a wide view and seems to be air tight.

@engblom

Last Friday I received my Нимфа mask from Russia. I bought it from Маска подводная Нимфа купить с доставкой по России. The mask I received was very dirty and really looked like it would have been stored all the time since USSR. From reading the thread I thought it was still in production (like Vostok watches are still in production with a USSR design), so I got a bit disappointed as rubber will get old even if it is not used. I have not had a chance to test it yet, but it seems to allow a wide view and seems to be air tight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read post number 17 to this thread
The Mask is almost 70 years old and like new
Some masks apparently last forever
but
There will neve be a dive mask like a custom Sturgil mask

Good luck with yours

Sam Miller, III

Sorry to hear about the condition of your Nimfa mask when it arrived, Engblom. Mine is embossed with the word "SPINE", which indicates manufacture some time after the new millennium came round. There's also a Quality Control stamp on the mask in "indelible ink" that should provide the date of inspection, but it's no longer readable. Before the name "SPINE" in Roman letters was coined, the mask's manufacturer would have been identified as "Ярославский завод резиновых технических изделий", the Yaroslavl Rubber technical Products Plant (ЯЗРТИ):
200px-%D0%AF%D0%97%D0%A0%D0%A2%D0%98.png

Here's an example of an earlier Nimfa mask:
il_fullxfull.1401957660_2xtu.jpg

You can just see the fancy italic print on the top of the skirt. Here's an even older version:
s-l1600-1.jpg

That one was made in Moscow in 1980 when the USSR still had a decade or so to go.

I was certainly under the impression that the mask was still in production, though retailed these days through online sports stores like the one you used. I hope your mask "scrubs up well".

What is your favorite mask out of the masks you have been trying? Why?

ENG...

Like Forrest Gump's mother said...''we're all different...

The best mask is the one that fits comfortably...is durable...has good ''strap release'' mechanisms...has low profile...clears easily...does not leak...

I've had very good luck with the HOG Tech mask...all black...twin lense...I have several...comparatively speaking are less expensive than most...I also like using a neoprene ''strap pad''...

Dive Safe...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom