What is your favorite of all time regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favourite reg is a hybrid I made up out of bits I had lying around to make a spare for a remote area LOB trip.

Conshelf 21 first with Sea Hornet Command Air seconds... primary with an Atomic Aquatics swivel hose. Scubapro brass and glass SPG in BAR.

Cracks consistently at 0.5" as designed, easily serviceable anywhere and utterly reliable :thumb:
Sea Hornet Conshelf 21 reg set.jpeg

I have dived with appr. 10 different regulators, some very basic and some of the more expensive ones. For me it's the Aqualung Legend, which I also bought. There is little difference in most decent/good ones, especially in normal recreational diving.

My wife loves her AL Legend. It is a first generation adjustable with Legend octo second. It has been a good set. So, I will vote for her on it. It is her favorite regulator and my favorite regulator for her because it just works and the ACD is excellent (yeah, yeah, whatever) because she loves to somehow dunk the whole thing in seawater and sand whenever possible. If it did not have the ACD it would have been dead and gone years ago.

N

My favourite reg is a hybrid I made up out of bits I had lying around to make a spare for a remote area LOB trip.

Conshelf 21 first with Sea Hornet Command Air seconds... primary with an Atomic Aquatics swivel hose. Scubapro brass and glass SPG in BAR.

Cracks consistently at 0.5" as designed, easily serviceable anywhere and utterly reliable :thumb:
View attachment 572392

Cool!

But so ugly!!:D

I 2nd the MK25/S600 combo. I inherited one 7 or 8 years ago from my dad and he hadn't rinsed or serviced the thing for the 7 or 8 years HE owned it as an instructor. I finally had the thing serviced about a year ago and it still breathes like a champ.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom