What Is Your Favorite Way To Spend The Rest Of Your Day In Coz After A 2-Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Los Otates, shower, siesta, then the truly difficult question of the day....where to have dinner....

rinse and repeat.
Some people actually consider that a negative thing about Cozumel and a reason to go AI. Not I!

another 2 tanks, thank you very much.

Man, getting old really SUCKS! My Coz trips are usually solo. I do the morning 2-tank dives and then walk from the boat to my hotel room at Blue Angel where I shower and relax on the balcony with some coffee. I catch-up on the biz email and stuff (I run a couple of different businesses so I have no choice). I also download and enter my dive info in the Shearwater dive log App.

I have to monitor my inner ear issues (another story) and I am usually wiped after the morning dives so no afternoon dives for me. I don't drink at all and I don't eat any grains (check out the "Wheatbelly" lifestyle) so having tacos & tequila/cerveza are out. I will do some walks to town and just people watch. I have lunch in my room with food purchased from Chaudrai a few blocks away. Dinner is at the BA restaurant (excellent BTW) usually with new friends I have met on the boat. We swap dive lies & stories and then it's back to my room for mind-numb robot TV watching and then dozing off.

Wash/Rinse/Repeat
I like it. No stress. No expectations.

What a great thread... after 2 dives and a tip to the rinse tank, its usually a quick dip in the pool, a Sol with an appetizer, followed by a hot shower, nap and fun time with the wife, followed by dinner, and bedtime...

rinse and repeat all week....

note - the sea maggots have kept me from night diving in cozumel for years!!

What a great thread... after 2 dives and a tip to the rinse tank, its usually a quick dip in the pool, a Sol with an appetizer, followed by a hot shower, nap and fun time with the wife, followed by dinner, and bedtime...

rinse and repeat all week....

note - the sea maggots have kept me from night diving in cozumel for years!!
Just shine your light on someone else during safety stop, bloodworm problem solved lol

We have experimented with a couple of different ways of structuring our Coz days. Initially, we thought also doing afternoon dives would suit us, as that's what we were accustomed to in other places in the world--four dives a day, if not five when a night dive was offered. But we found it too exhausting and too long a day, given how long it takes even the "fast" dive op boats to motor to the sites down south and back to town. We eventually settled on doing two long-ish dives with Aldora (using their 120 cf tanks), from which we would return early enough to have most of the afternoon left.

We would go out to a mid-afternoon meal--our main meal of the day, and that would include beer or margarita. Then an afternoon siesta back at our room. And/or hit the pool on the trips we had access to one. Then later in the evening, say 7 or 7:30 pm, we would go out for a smaller, quicker bite to eat at a taqueria. No alcohol, or maybe just one beer. Then off to bed. This was our routine on all days except those on which we did night dives.

I miss Coz. It's been a couple of years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom