What kind of cutting tool do you have and where do you mount it?

How do you mount your cutting tools? What kind and where?

• On wrist

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • On dive computer

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • on waist belt

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • on shoulder strap

Votes: 46 32.2%
  • in pocket

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DGX Sharp Cut on right waist

Trauma shears on left waist

@compressor: a 2" long piece of bicycle inner tube on your shoulder strap and one of these pouches would easily hold your shears there without risk of just dropping them:

MSM Shear Pouch - MIL-SPEC MONKEY STORE

I haven't voted as the location is not listed. I have this diver knife mounted on my BCD right pocket on the outside, below the integrated weight pouch.

IMG_6353.jpg

Haven't got a chance to use it underwater for the past 12 years & hopefully would never need to use it while diving (knock on wood). I use it above water once in a while to cut tyrap or as screwdriver.

all of the above?

- shears in a sheath on my pocket shorts or in my pocket if in dry suit
- trilobite/ez-cut on the strap of my pdc
- knife on waist band (long hose retainer)
- trilobite/ez-cut on vertical straps of my harness
- trilobite/ez-cut on waist band of my harness

the locations of harness mounted cutters are rig dependent.

I haven't voted as the location is not listed. I have this diver knife mounted on my BCD right pocket on the outside, below the integrated weight pouch. .....
Yes, that is a sweet knife. I still prefer and use my line cutter and shears. Almost always fishing line.

I like that knife. I mounted mine on my crotch strap. If things ever get that bad, then I'm likely to instinctively grab my...... KNIFE

Knife.jpg

Strapped to my SM rank, another on my harness, occasionally on my wrist or crotch strap. Depending where I am, what I'm diving and what cutting tools I have available.
Hopefully not a BFK on the crotch strap.

Back
Top Bottom