What Kind of Insta-buddy Experience Do You Prefer

What Buddy Pairing do you prefer on benign condition dives?

• 1.) 'Team Diving' (e.g.: what I read in discussions of DIR, GUE, etc...).

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • 2.) Closely structuring buddy pair (e.g.: don't get over 10 feet apart, frequently monitor).

Votes: 46 21.8%
  • 3.) Loose buddy pair (e.g.: occasionally glance over, can be 20 feet apart + or 1).

Votes: 48 22.7%
  • 4.) Part of a group following a guide (e.g.: if you had OOA, you'd approach someone).

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • 5.) Same day, same ocean (e.g.: if we get separated, we each continue our dives).

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • 6.) Planned solo (e.g.: redundant gas source & cutting tools are my buddy).

Votes: 42 19.9%
  • 7.) Other (please elaborate in your post).

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

# 3 or 2 depending on the conditions. I have spent most of my first 200 dives with a buddy I just met on the on the boat before the dive. Many times my buddy would be a lesser skilled/trained diver. Which sometimes turn my dive into a baby sitting event. That being said, I am constantly amazed at the careless activity of some very experienced divers. A year later I am now at about 275 dives, and volunteer as a DM with the veterans support group W.A.V.E.S.
SELF RELIANCE. and predive communication is always a priority to me on every dive.
Be safe Good Divin
SoCalRich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom