What kind of Olympus rig do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

I'm using :

Olympus C5050
PT-015 Housing with weight
Inon Underwater close-up lens
Inon Wide angle lens Type 2
Inon Dome Port

Do visit my photosite.

Ta.

Hi John,
Been busy , just got round to your post.
Thanks for taking the time to detail your experience with your camera.
Your experience amd comments reinforce my decision choose the C-750.
The movie option was not a deciding or required option for me. It's a bonus though.

thanks again

Mike D

Just checked out your gallery

Nice pics. What's your keep/trash ratio.
I'm not a great photographer, so I take lots of photos, multiple exposures,
and throw out about 3/4 of my shots.

Going digital should at least cust down on my processing costs! LOL

Mike

Thanks for the compliment. My keep/trash ratio is about the same as yours, although I hope to improve mine now that I've mastered a Photoshop technique I found elsewhere on this board. It allows you to correct the massive blue color shifting you get when taking photos at depth without a strobe. I'm still kicking myself for tossing out what would have been some true beauties if not for the blue shift. I got rid of them before I learned of this technique. But I'll be diving again in a couple of weeks, so I should have some good shots to play with by then.

I agree with you about the video option. It had nothing to do with my decision, but I like it more and more now that I have it.

As far as your developing costs go, it'll definitely save you some money. But even better than that, it makes for a better viewing experience at the end of your day. No more waiting for developing - now you'll see the results of your efforts as soon as you get home from your dive day. And even better, it eliminates the suspense of wondering whether you got that perfect shot or not. Having the image frozen in the camera's viewing window for a few seconds after you take it lets you instantly review your results, and allows you to delete the shot if it's an obvious loser that's not worth saving (NOTE: when in doubt, don't delete the shot. It may look better once it's on a decent computer monitor at home. Only delete the ones that are obviously bad even on a 1" screen). But the nice thing about it is that when you download them onto your home system, you won't get that disappointing feeling of "I only got five keepers out of a roll of twenty-four exposures."

So in other words, I've discovered that deleting the obvious losers as soon as I take them and only keeping the decent ones allows me to fool myself into thinking I'm a lot better at this than I actually am... :wink:

Oly 5050
PT-015
S&S YS-90DX with fiber optic coupler
Homebrew tray and loc line arm
2 - 1 GB CF cards and USB reader
20 NIMH batteries and charger

Backup rig is Oly 3040/PT-010

On my January Sabang trip with this new rig, visibility was terrible for most of the time. It seems temperature was just right for an algae bloom. I only got decent results close up and in shallow water. Equipment was not the issue at all. Hopeless, so I realy did not shoot many photos. My next trip has got to be to clear water, maybe Cozumel.

The attached wreck photo is just so typical of conditions I am adding it. This was at 24M, the wreck is 7M wide. I fought current all the way from the bow to stern, then took some measurements for a map I was making. Then the current reversed as the tide changed, and I had to fight it back to the bow, where the ascent line was. Not a fun dive....

slowhands:
Oly 5050
I fought current all the way from the bow to stern, then took some measurements for a map I was making. Then the current reversed as the tide changed, and I had to fight it back to the bow, where the ascent line was. Not a fun dive....

Don't you just hate that??? Its like the whole "uphill in the snow. Both ways" thing. Been there (not THERE there, but, there...) dove that.

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom