What kind of strobe for a noobie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately the prices of the delivery are really huge.. almost 100usd :) thanks for all the help !

PM me what you want and contact info. We can see what we can do.

The best prices in australia for a s2000 are 649aud (sea optics) and if you are as me a foreign you can claim the gst tax refund (if someone past here and that info can help you :D )

Don't forget to factor in being charged Australian GST on entry and potentially clearance charges depending on how it is shipped- rules have changed recently. You could try Ken Thongpila at macro mode in Sydney, he had stock of different flashes last time I was in the store. Dive 2000 also stocks them.

If you buy from overseas this guy is very good, it arrives very fast if he has stock via Japan Post :

UWdigitalcamera.com :: Strobe

Just email him to enquire about stock, he's upfront telling you how long it will take to get in etc. Last time I ordered something it took all of 2days to arrive.

Don't forget to factor in being charged Australian GST on entry and potentially clearance charges depending on how it is shipped- rules have changed recently. You could try Ken Thongpila at macro mode in Sydney, he had stock of different flashes last time I was in the store. Dive 2000 also stocks them.

If you buy from overseas this guy is very good, it arrives very fast if he has stock via Japan Post :

UWdigitalcamera.com :: Strobe

Just email him to enquire about stock, he's upfront telling you how long it will take to get in etc. Last time I ordered something it took all of 2days to arrive.

I always get the gst refund as I am not a permanent citizen of Australia. But I never order stuff from another country. Did you had to pay importation fees when you order it ? As I am living in a really remote island of Australia (groot eylandt) usually the postal cost are really expensive. I am now between de z330 and the 2000. The z330 is really expensive but in the page that you have its "just" 250 bucks more. I understand that its maybe a smarter choice for an upgrade possibility, in the other hand purchasing the most expensive strobe of the market being a completly new user doesn't seems to be reasonable :wink:

Last question, would you guys reccomend a 43 or 68cm length optical inon cable to connect the strobe to the camera using this tray ?

Kraken KR-TR04 Tray - Down Under Aquatic Imaging

Thank you for your time!!!!

Depends and you sometimes have to do the customs clearance, all depending on value. I've had to do the clearance for some shipments and not others .

The Z-330 is a nice strobe but compete overkill for the TG-6 , its bigger and heavier than the camera! of course if you plan to upgrade to a DSLR it would make sense but it's a little unbalanced compared to the size of the camera and would be at or close to minimum power a lot of the time. The tray you link would probably struggle with the Z-330. With INON strobes you also need to order a Z joint to mount to the YS mount on the end of the arms you linked. like this: INON Z Joint for INON Strobes some places in Oz want ridiculous price for this item though!

All of the high-value packages (housings, ports, lenses, strobes, etc, costing $300-500+ per shipment) that I've ordered from China (Aliexpress or direct from SeaFrogs) had their value marked on the label as something like $10-15. I don't know the rules for Oz, but here in Israel, personal import items valued at less than $75 are exempt from taxes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom