What kind of strobe for a noobie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends and you sometimes have to do the customs clearance, all depending on value. I've had to do the clearance for some shipments and not others .

The Z-330 is a nice strobe but compete overkill for the TG-6 , its bigger and heavier than the camera! of course if you plan to upgrade to a DSLR it would make sense but it's a little unbalanced compared to the size of the camera and would be at or close to minimum power a lot of the time. The tray you link would probably struggle with the Z-330. With INON strobes you also need to order a Z joint to mount to the YS mount on the end of the arms you linked. like this: INON Z Joint for INON Strobes some places in Oz want ridiculous price for this item though!
Thank you ! That's exactly what I was wondering. I think I will go for 1 x s2000. After reflection a lot of people tells me to go for balls and clamps and not for flexible arms. Do I still need a z joint to link the strobe to a ball ?

Thanks !!!

Would you reccomend a precise tray or arm system in the market ?

Yes there's two types of Z-joints one for YS, and the other has a ball on it. As far as arms and clamps go, they tend to be modular you'd need two arms, 3 clamps and a tray, probably a 6" arm and an 8" arm. Have a look here for an idea on pricing:
Arms Archives - Macro Mode

I'm looking at the same camera and my only experience is with gopro and paralenz. How about a light for shooting video?
would the Kraken Hydra 3500S+ do the job of both lighting for video as well as strobe for pics? Would only one do? Or with the s2000 and a separate light be better? If so, suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom