What kind of vignetting is normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, the people at Sony once told us that UNLESS 80% of the world market asked for a feature or function, they would not listen to what the US based TD's were asking for.

At one point Sony was close to exceeding the US based switcher builder, not anymore.

So did you ever get in contact with TJ at Equinox?

What did they have to say?

Just curious if they were aware or had a "fix" for you.

Mike...

Just got off the phone and TJ wasn't in yet, mind that I am living in China so I have to call long distance and the time difference is keeping me up at night...

That's why Al Gore invented the Internet...:)

I'll bug TJ in a little while, what ever he can do at this point will be too late for my dive trip. I do have access to a very fine machine shop so I am contemplating on recessing the whole dome port so it is closer to the lens and dremel out the corners.

Looking at the overall craftsmanship - or lack thereof - on this housing I should have built it myself to begin with...

chinadan:
If you look at Gates housings, the especially advertise the "no vignetting" fact.
My Gates VX2000 housing gives vignetting with the standard port. My mate's Amphibico VH2000 gives even more. We have to zoom in a little on every wide shot. It's very irritating and if I haven't zoomed in quite enough I hate seeing those black corners on the computer.

Nick

Sorry to hear that your housings seem to give you the same trouble.

Sounds like false advertising to me. I can't understand what is so difficult about getting rid of these black corners.

My suspicion is that they don't use overscanning monitors to check and forgot to submerge the housing into water to see how the different refraction impacts/magnifies the black corners.

In the year 2005, one should not have to deal with stuff like this...

Have you heard back from TJ yet? Maybe I missed it somewhere, but did you say that you are using a wide angle lens on the camera???

I have an Ocean Images housing and was delayed in getting it due to it requiring a bigger port to fit a bigger lens size due to finding out that there was slight vignetting.

I don't get any vignetting in full wide.

Is it fixed now? Curious what happened?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom