What might I see in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My fiance and I will be visiting Bonaire and Curacao for our honeymoon in just 6 short weeks, make that 5 weeks and 6 days. I know I shouldn't expect to see many larger creatures of the sea while in Bonaire (unless I get to dive the east side) but am I correct in assuming that I might see larger animals in Curacao? Seems like I have see more references to pelagic species in duscussions about Curacao. More specifically has anyone spotted a manta in Curacao or am I going to have to go ahead and book that trip to Yap?

Biggest things I saw were turtles, eagle rays, dolphins, golithfish, big parrot fish, lots of eels of many colors, octipi, and barracudas. A fellow diver from Germany reported seeing a hammerhead on a dive on the south side. Lots of lobster and crabs, fantastic stacked corals and great sponges. Have a great trip.

I think I can settle for eagle rays, turtles, and if we get to see some dolphins that would be absolutely amazing. I can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom