What order to buy gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pool is worse: at least salt doesn't sting as much in the eyes and up the nose. Easier on the gear, too: chlorine's a bleach.

True that, though I've developed a disturbing tolerence for drinking "diluted bleach" since I was last in Egypt. The tap water was so heavily treated it literally tasted like you were drinking out of the pool.

True that, though I've developed a disturbing tolerence for drinking "diluted bleach" since I was last in Egypt. The tap water was so heavily treated it literally tasted like you were drinking out of the pool.
I have to say I would never drink tap water in Egypt - I have only ever used bottled water (ensuring it was completely sealed prior to me getting it).

Far to easy to have issues with the local water and end up missing dives etc because of it (I will not dive with D&V as it leaves you suscpetible to being dehydrated and therefore at potentially higher risk of DCS)

Update: After some back and forth I decided to go ahead and get a full package. I decided to upgrade the BCD and the Regulator, and added on a secondary wrist computer. All together I bought:

AL Axiom BCD
AL Core Regulator
AL ABS Octo
AL i300c 3 Gauge Console (SPG, Compass, and i300c console)
Leonardo Cressi Wrist Computer
Atomic Venom Mask
Mesh Carrying Bag with Regulator Bag

For now I've opted to hold off on a wetsuit, tank, and weights.

Back
Top Bottom