What public awareness programs are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering what other teams used for demonstrations, public awareness, and child education about water safety. I would like to either find an open-and-go program (ie w.a.r.n) or get ideas for building our own. Does everyone else just use programs like WARN, make their own, or not do any public awareness at all.. Any ideas or suggestions as to what topics or points work best, and at what age should this information be taught, would be great. My goal is to increase child safety and at the same time create diveteam awareness...

Different agencies and entities in our county host "Health and Safety Fairs" during the spring and summer. We try to attend all and put up a static display of our gear. We have a video that was compiled over the years of different incidents (that we were able to get on film) and training. We emphasize the use of PFD's and swim skills.

The most talked about part of our display is the underwater photos and videos. Everyone wants to see what it is like underwater.

Yotsie,
Do you use comparitive pictures say of clear carribean water, compared to the black water we dive? Also do you do ever do talks at schools or daycare? or just at these public safety fairs?

The photos are pretty much shots from either the lakes, canals or rivers we dive. We don't mix any recreational photos in. We have put on talks at schools, no daycare centers.... But most of our efforts are Safety Fairs, which most often than not are held at schools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom