What Regulator I cannot ID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi
I am trying to Id my Girlfriends Regulator, as far as she Knows it is a JAPANESE Abyss but I cannot Confirm This , (serial No.j16361) to service the 1st stage it is all done through the Top it has the Normal Regulator Nut and Spring then the Main retaining ring ,spring base the Diaphram the Button Poppet and Pin Poppet, however This is where changes on most Abyss the rest you remover from the Underside , this one you take out a seperate part with HP housing and Poppet (etc) inside then when removed you can take it all apart.
The main second stage (serial j16361)Looks also like a Normal Abyss, however there is No (Delrin Orifice)-(poppet seat) small threaded part you can adjust - anyway this is solid Unadjustable moulded into the case assembly connector( nut that inbetween Hose and main Body of 2nd stage)
Every part seems ok to use for spares from the Abyss except the 2nd stage rubber poppet seat is smaller than the normal Abyss.

so if anyone can tell me what Model this is would be great , all I know it was Bought in Japan , in approx 2000-2001

Thanks Mark

Back
Top Bottom