What Regulators do you use.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFeenD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just curious what everyone on here is using on their backgas and deco bottles/stages. Is there a preferred Brand, design, prefer one type for backgas and another for deco/stages? Do you have specific reasons for using what you do? Just trying to see if there is an overall trend.

Ill go first.

Apeks DS4/XTX50 overbalanced diaphragm on backgas. Due to use in cold water and decreased incidence of freezing of diaphragm first stages.
Scubapro MK25 deco bottles/stages. Highest flow possible with easiest WOB.

Backgas MK25/G250v

Stages Salvo SR2/SRX. I'd like to switch these out, but I have 7 stage reg combos now, so it's difficult to get the $$$ together to move all towards scubapro stuff.

I *hate* the swivels on the SR2/MK25's for a stage/deco bottle. Hose routing is much cleaner going down, then over the neck. I guess I could go with a shorter (non standard) hose length, but for now, there are times when the 40in LP house goes over my head.

HOG on back gas, On stages I have a ScubaPro Mk16 w R190. It is going bye bye. An Oceanic CDX5 with GT3 on another. It is also going away. They will be replaced with HOG's or Edge Epic 1sts with HOG seconds. I like the hose routing on the Epic for stages. The only one I will keep is the older Sherwood Blizzard 1st with Blizzard second.

The 1st two can be hard for me to get kits for if the one shop I deal with gets a bug up his butt for the ScubaPro. Not worth messing with and not worth the money.

ScubaPro MK25/S600s on sidegas, MK10/G250 for stage(G200 added for an openwater reg set), and Dive Rite 2500 IRC for O2 tank.

back-gas: Dive Rite RG3000 w/5th port upgrade kit
deco#1: ScubaPro MK2/R390
deco#2 Dive Rite 1200 (Im pretty sure) 1st w/cold water kit & Dive Rite Rg1215 unbalanced 2nd (use this one for O2 - green 40" hose & green faceplate)

Despite all the tuning we've done, my buddy's MK25/A700s definitely breathe a bit easier than my back-gas regs. Also the OEM mouthpiece put them right against my face! A Seacure fixed this and made them much more comfortable for me - not so much for my S-drill partner :D

back-gas: Dive Rite RG3000 w/5th port upgrade kit
deco#1: ScubaPro MK2/R390
deco#2 Dive Rite 1200 (Im pretty sure) 1st w/cold water kit & Dive Rite Rg1215 unbalanced 2nd (use this one for O2 - green 40" hose & green faceplate)

Despite all the tuning we've done, my buddy's MK25/A700s definitely breathe a bit easier than my back-gas regs. Also the OEM mouthpiece put them right against my face! A Seacure fixed this and made them much more comfortable for me - not so much for my S-drill partner :D

I have the MK25/A700 for backgas, and Dive Rite RG3000 for deco gas. I have also replaced the mouth piece on my DR regs with seacure because of the same reason James had.

Back gas: HOG 1st and 2nd with D1 cold kit
Deco #1: HOG 1st and 2nd with D1 cold kit
Deco #2: HOG 1st and 2nd with D1 cold kit - considering adding a green soft cover to this one to go with the green hose to give tactile difference as well for rich O2

Seeing a theme here?

Backgas: Dive Rite RG3100's (cold kit)

Deco#1: Dive Rite RG3100 (cold kit)

Deco#2: Dive Rite RG3100 (cold kit)

Other back gas: Poseidon Jetstreams and a set of Poseidon Xstreams.

I really like the Poseidon's, but I started getting the Dive Rite's because I want to be able to service my own regs. I still dive the Poseidon's also.

I previously had Scubapro Mk25/S600's for back gas, but got rid of them in favor of the Dive Rite and Poseidon regs. ( I know, I know.....most people seem to do it the other way. :))

-Mitch

My doubles regs were ScubaPro MK25/S600's ... I liked the way they routed. I recently sold them, because I don't dive manifolded doubles anymore.

My sidemount regs are HOG D1's.

Deco regs are Apeks DST first stages with ATX50 seconds, except for the oxygen reg which is Apeks DS4/XTX40.

Singles reg is a ScubaPro MK25 with S600 primary and R190 backup

Pool reg is a DiveRite RGsomethingorother ... it's an old reg so I don't pay much attention to the model number anymore.

I've got a few other regs around for spares ... SP MK16, Apeks ATX100, and a Salvo reg that I basically just use anymore for analyzing tanks.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom